For more than thirteen years, we have been organizing big game safaris in the northern part of the country on the edge of the Pendjari Hational Park, in the Porga hunting zone. The hunt is physically demanding and requires hunters to be in good physical condition. It is primary focused on hunting Roan Antelopes, West Savannah African Buffalos, Western Kobs, Nagor Reedbucks, Western Hartebeests…
We shoot several good Lions every year hunted only by tracking. Baiting is not permitted.
Accommodation is provided in the Porga Camp (air conditioned bungalows).
Hunting season: From the beginning of January to the end of April.
-13 days safari: each hunter can harvest 1 West African Savannah Buffalo, 1 Roan Antelope, 1 Western Hartebeest, 1 Nagor Reedbuck, 1 Western Kob, 1 Western Bush Duiker, 1 Red Flanked Duiker, 1 Oribi, 1 Harnessed Bushbuck, 1 Warthog, and 1 Baboon.
-20 days safari: each hunter can harvest additionally from the above list: 1 Lion (if available at the quota), 1 Sing Sing Waterbuck, 1 Hippopotamus.
Prices in U.S. Dollars:
Price of the safari per person
13 Hunting days
20 hunting days
2 Hunters x 1 Guide
1 Hunter x 1 Guide
The price of the safari includes:
- Meet and greet plus assistance at Cotonou airport (Benin)
- Transfer from Cotonou to the hunting area and back by car (7 hours)
- The organizing of your safari with 4x4 vehicles, professional hunters, trackers, porters, and skinners
- Full board and accommodation at the hunting area
- The loan of a rifle with scope if necessary (375 H&H Mag, …)
- Field preparation of trophies
The price of the safari does not include:
- Any air fare or travel costs to Contonou
- Trophy fees (see below)
- Community development tax (15% on the amount of trophy fees)
- Hunting license and importation of fire arms (800 Euros per hunter)
- Packing and forwarding charges of trophies (1 000 Euros per hunter)
- Hotel and meals costs at Contonou (first night on arrival)
- Insurances costs
- Drinks at Porga camp
- Visa fees, ammunitions, personal spending money and tips
Trophy fees in Euros:
Lion: 2 800
Hippopotamus: 1 800
Central African Savannah Buffalo: 900
Western Roan Antelope: 900
Western Hartebeest: 900
Western Kob: 600
Nagor Reedbuck: 700
Sing Sing Waterbuck: 900
Harnessed Bushbuck: 600
Western Bush Duiker: 300
Red Flanked Duiker: 400
Trophy fees can be modified without notice by the local authority. The full trophy fee is due if animals are wounded and impossible to find.
Contact Indianhead Ranch at 830-775-6481 or email us at email@example.com