Forest Hunting is exciting and the local Pygmy people are excellent trackers. Hunting is mainly on foot but also from machans settled near the edge of large clearings.
Bongos, Forest Elephants, Stiatungas, Giant Forest Hogs and Dwarf Buffalos are some of the most interesting animals in the area, some of which make splendid trophies. A forest concession in the southeast of the country is where we would take you hunting.
Accommodation is provided in comfortable bungalows.
Hunting season: from the beginning of April to the end of July.
Prices in U.S. Dollars:
Price of safari per person
13 hunting days
20 hunting days
1 Hunter x 1 Guide
The price of the safari includes:
- Meet and greet plus assistance at Douala airport
- Transfer from Douala to the hunting area and back by charter plane
- The organizing of your safari with 4x4 vehicles, professional hunters, trackers, porters, and skinners
- Full board accommodation and drinks at the hunting camp
- The loan of a rifle with scope if necessary (375 H&H Mag, . . .)
- Field preparation of trophies
The price of the safari does not include:
- Any air fare or travel costs to Douala
- Trophy fees (see below)
- Community development tax (15% on the amount of trophy fees)
- Hunting permit (1 600 Euros per hunter)
- Packing and forwarding charges of trophies (1 000 Euros per hunter)
- Insurances costs
- Package for transfers and hotel cost in Douala on arrival (350 Euros per hunter)
- Visa fees, ammunitions, personal spending money and tips
Trophy fees in Euros:
Bongo: 3 000
Forest Elephant: 3 800* Ivory Tax: 40 Euros per kg
Dwarf Buffalo: 2 000
Western Sitatunga: 1 500
Giant Forest Hog: 1 000
Red River Hog: 500
Bates Antelope: 300
Blue Duiker: 300
White Bellied Duiker: 300
Black Fronted Duiker: 300
Peters Duiker: 300
Bay Duiker: 300
Trophy fees can be modified without notice by the local authority. The full trophy fee is due if animals are wounded and impossible to find.