Bobby Hansen Safaris is privately owned and operated by Bobby and Vanessa Hansen, based in the Northern or Limpopo Province of South Africa, where they have exclusive rights to concessions managed with strict quotas to maintain the highest trophy quality. In the base area in the last two years clients have averaged 54" on kudu, 29" on waterbuck, 23/24" on impala. In 2002, clients took ten warthogs 14" or better and averaged 15" on bushbuck; two huge bushbuck were taken measuring 18" and 19". The Hansen's also have prime areas in Zululand for nyala averaging 28"; each year clients take several of 30".
Bobby has been professionally hunting for 13 years and before that worked for the Zimbabwe government in anti-poaching and problem animal control. Vanessa, his wife, does all the catering in the base area and prepares many fine game dishes.
Reliable equipment and well maintained new vehicles allow for a trouble free safari. Bobby's skinner/trackers, Ben and George, have worked with Bobby for the past five years and trophy care and preparation is of the highest standard.
Hunts start and end either in Johannesburg or Cape Town. South Africa is comprised of nine provinces or states varying from tropical coastlands to mountains to wide open plains, which most people relate to their image of Africa.
Bobby Hansen facilitates safaris between 7 and 30 days personally planned to your requirements. Traveling time, normally by vehicle must be taken into consideration, although air charter flights are available.
April - October is the general hunting season, although year round sunshine allows us the luxury of a long season. Mid-winter is June-July. In the Northern Province during the coldest time of the year pre-dawn temperatures are often a bit below freezing but by mid-day temperatures can be in the 60-70's. Temperatures in KwaZulu-Natal are a bit warmer and the climate is similar to North Florida in the United States in winter.
|Daily Rates: (Plainsgame)
||US $ Per Day
|1 Client & 1 Professional Hunter
|2 Clients & 1 Professional Hunter (each)
|Photographic Safari (per person)
Daily Rate Includes:
- Transport to and from the airport
- The services of a licensed Professional Hunter, Trained Skinners and Trackers and a 4x4 hunting vehicle
- Accommodation within the hunting area during the safari
- All meals, table wines, beverages and liquor in moderation
- Daily laundry service
- Field preparation of trophies
- Government license fees which are required for animals
Daily Rate Excludes:
- Trophy fees of animals bagged or wounded
- Hotel accommodation before and after the safari
- Taxidermy, packing, dipping and shipping of trophies to final destination
- Commercial & air charter flights between hunting areas
- Gratuities to staff
Terms & Conditions:
- 50% of daily rate is required on confirmation of booking - balance of daily rate and trophy fees are payable on completion of safari
- Only Travellers Checks, Cash or Bank Guaranteed Checks are accepted as payment
- Deposits are not refundable but can be transferred to another safari if cancellation is made a minimum of 8 weeks prior to the commencement of the safari
- On commencement of the safari a contract, an indemnity and a general information sheet must be read, completed and signed.
- The clients arrival day will be considered a non-hunting day at $200 per hunting client and observers at $75 each.
- Traveling days will be considered and charged and a hunting day.
- Prices quoted may be subject to change
- Any client wishing to fly between areas is responsible for his own, the professional hunter, and one skinner's air fare.